Monday, April 25, 2016

"Duck & Cover" ATC

A while back, I was getting ready to mail some books to friends as out-of-the-blue presents and decided the books needed a little somethin' somethin' to round out the package. That something turned out to be homemade bookmarks that doubled as notes explaining why these friends were receiving these books on no occasion. After the bookmarks were made, I was left with scrap background paper that I had created using Distress Inks, a Heidi Swap script background stamp, Deep Red Stamps' Grunge Borders stamps, and Lindy's Stamp Gang Burnt Umber Moon Shadow Mist.

Separately, I had stamped a page full of new Santoro portrait-like rubber stamps, and had slowly been coloring them in using different mediums. I combined some of the leftover bookmark background paper with a colored & fussy-cut Santoro image, then added some brown baker's twine and tea-dyed lace for this ATC. It is titled "Duck & Cover", because that seemed appropriate for my week.




2 comments: