Saturday, January 23, 2016

Impatiently Awaiting Spring

This week's sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches gave me a few firsts this week: first time I've focused on a sketch challenge, first time I have tried a CAS (Clean And Simple) challenge, and first time I have used my fancy dies to make a custom-shaped card. Hooray for stretching my skills!

 

This was a quickie card:
  • Die cut card base from black cardstock using Spellbinders Labels 24.
  • Stamp corner flourish stamp (from Close To My Heart "Adorning Corners" set) with Versamark ink, wet emboss with snowy, frosty, glittery embossing powder.
  • Adhere glitter snowflake embellishment.
  • Stamp sentiment with white pigment ink.

{Crafted while listening to "Carrie & Lowell" by Sufjan Stevens}

Entered in:
Crafting By Designs - Winter, Glitter, Sparkles Challenge
Freshly Made Sketches - Challenge #220
Moving Along With the Times - Challenge #12 Embossing (Wet or Dry)
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - #114 anything goes with a twist of frosty 

8 comments:

  1. What a great black and white card! I totally agree with that sentiment!!! Very fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Jen! I hope Spring comes soon in your area! I still have 3-4 months to wait. *sighs*

      Delete
  2. This looks so beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on all of your firsts!! LOVE the shape - it adds so much interest to your perfectly clean card! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! I did not realize until afterwards that my card shape reminds me of a flower; must have been subconsciously contrasting the snowy embellishments of the card. :)

      Delete
  4. Your shaped card is so pretty! Love the black and white - such a striking look. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was sooooo hard for me to do a CAS card.

      Delete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete